a site for slimming world members to get support

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

the diets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fiona

PostSubject: the diets   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Im sorry but this is my 4th week and last week I only lost 1/2lb. I do find red green and orange confusing. I understand its food combining but this easy and extra easy i am having a problem with. I would much prefer a daily idea of eating. In the morning I have two slices of wholmeal toast sometimes with ham sometimes with tomato and sometimes with mamalade. Lunch is fruit and sometimes chicken drumsticks fat removed Dinner is is 2 small potatoes and heaps of assorted veg. Thats a typical day. Im not a biscuit or a crisp fan. Someone help me please Fiona
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin

PostSubject: Re: the diets   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm

to me reading that it doesnt sound like you are eating enough, having enough syns or eating enough superfree foods.

you need to have at least 1/3rd superfree with each meal so maybe add a grapefruit or satsumas wit breakfast, and superfree veg or fruit with lunch and dinner as well.

with dinner maybe add some extra lean mince or some meat with the fat cut off.

If your not eating enough your body will store fat as it will go into starvation mode.

also try and snack on fruit during the day between meals to stop yourself getting hungry!

Add in some syns with a couple of biscuits or a hot chocolate even!

Also make sure you drink lots! Aim for 8 glasses a day!

Hope this helps a bit! If you are struggling can you not speak to your consultant for some advice?

1/2lb is still good though! it a step in the right direction! i only lost 1/2lb in my 3rd week! but its better than a gain so please remember that. Small loses are better in the long run, big losses wont last and the slower you lose it the more likely you are to keep it off. So dont beat yourself up about it! Concentrate on 1 day at a time x

Hope that all makes sense and helps lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]x2[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sam
SWS Moderator
SWS Moderator

PostSubject: Re: the diets   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Definately sounds like you aren't eating enough, especially with the free and the superfree foods.

My consultant has said that for the Extra Easy plan to work. You'll see if you look in your orange book there are some fruits and things that have a SS next to it, this means that they are Super Speed foods which means that it'll help speed up your weight loss.

Also make sure that you're having your Healthy Extra A, this is either milk or cheese. You also need to make sure that you're having your daily syns which is anywhere between 5 and 15 a day, this means that you aren't depriving your body of some of the 'naughty' things.

I agree with what Claire's put, just take it a day at a time. Also your consultant may ask to look at your food diary and should be able to tell you where you're going wrong. Why not fill in a food diary out of your pack and take it in to your meeting and ask her to have a look at it, she should be able to help. Could you not get in touch with her and ask her to help, even if it's just to explain how things work again.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but give you a couple of ideas

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Fiona

PostSubject: Re: the diets   Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Im grateful for all your comments and will try your suggestions its just that im in the throws of a deep depression and concentrating is difficult plus as a rule i dont eat all day as a rule so its getting my head used to change and eating more than i normally do but will keep you posted on the results many thanks for your support Fiona
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin

PostSubject: Re: the diets   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:03 am

hope you find things improve. we are always around here to offer advice and support, so please dont be a stranger to post x

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]x2[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hayley

PostSubject: Re: the diets   Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 am

putting it in easy terms as im a bit useless at understanding first hand, for some reason it takes numerous times of explanation before the lights switches on!!

The green plan, is a plan that would suit vegetarians as there is no meat allowed, and what is allowed has to be weighed out. the red plan is the opposite, you can eat endless meat (all visible fat removed) but are limited to your pasta,rice, potatos and other 'bulky' foods. The extra easy plan is the all you can eat plan, you can eat as much of what is both the green and red so long as you prepare and cook in the correct way - fat removed, no oils during cooking etc.

All 3 plans include, what we call 'healthy extras'. Your 'A' option being dairy, your 'B' option being fibre. The healthy extras (or HexA/HexB as you may see written) are not an option, they are compulsory to help your weightloss and to ensure your body is getting the right daily nutrients. The only difference is, the red and green plans, you would have 2 of each Hex whereas the extra easy, you only have one of each.

With every meal you eat, you always have to make sure that a third of your plate is made up of superfree foods, be it a loada veg or salad, or a fruit pudding for afters. you must remember tho that potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and any other starchy vegetables dont count as your 3rd superfree - alot of people seem to get mixed up with this, especially when it comes to sunday lunch!

You will soon get the hang of it, any questions we are here and so is your consultant. i found re-reading my book and sitting in the new members area again helped when i was slipping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]x3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the diets   

Back to top Go down

the diets
Page 1 of 1