Slimming World Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a site for slimming world members to get support

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Heart cookies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam
SWS Moderator
SWS Moderator
Sam

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am

Information

Serves: 20
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy 2.5 Original 2.5 Green 2.5

Ingredients

Fry Light
198g/7oz ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
1 tsp ground cinnamon
7 level tsp icing sugar
A few drops of pink food colouring

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and spray with a little Fry Light.

2. Turn the pastry onto a lightly floured board and roll out to the thickness of a pound coin. Use a heart-shaped cutter to cut out the cookies and re-roll the excess pastry to use it up (making about 20 cookies in total).

3. Carefully transfer the cookies to the baking sheets and sieve over the cinnamon and 1tsp of the icing sugar. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and slightly risen. Remove from the oven, place the cookies on a wire rack and set aside to cool.

4. When the cookies are cool, mix the remaining icing sugar with a few drops of pink food colouring and a few drops of water until you get a smooth paste that can be drizzled. Using a teaspoon, drizzle each cookie with a little of the icing sugar mixture and allow to set before eating.

Tip: Chef's tip: Instead of icing, decorate with 28g/1oz melted plain chocolate. The Syns remain the same.

Here's the link (straight to the recipe on the online part of the Slimming World website): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photo (they turned out thicker than expected)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Nikki

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 am

Look yummy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam
SWS Moderator
SWS Moderator
Sam

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:36 am

Have just tried one, I know it probably sounds disgusting with it saying to use shortcrust pastry but OMG, they are yum. Didn't add the cinamon (don't have any in at all) but I think they are yummy without it. Might see if I can find some to try with the next lot
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:44 am

How many syns is it for the whole mix as i suppose the syns depends on how big/thick your hearts are. but they do look yummy and something me and the kids can make this half term!
Back to top Go down
Sam
SWS Moderator
SWS Moderator
Sam

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:00 pm

It says 2.5 (it does say if you look, copied and pasted it off the SW website) on each, so am guessing it means that they are 2.5 each
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:51 am

But they will only work out at 2.5syns if made to the same size and the same amount is made if you know what i mean
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 am

just looked on the website and it says the recipe makes 20. So its gonna be 50syns for the mix, then it depends if you get 20 or more or less to what the syns will be then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iced Heart cookies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Heart cookies   Iced Heart cookies Empty

Back to top Go down

Iced Heart cookies
Page 1 of 1