Slimming World Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a site for slimming world members to get support

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KFC Chicken (syn free)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hayley

Hayley

KFC Chicken (syn free) Empty
PostSubject: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 am

Ingredients:
10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
1 x Tub Chicken Bovril Paste
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread (or to save on HexB use potato flakes ie smash/mr mash instead)
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbs

Method:
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Scoop out all the bovril paste into a small bowl. Mix in the egg, crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli until you have a gloopy paste.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by. Using a spoon carefully dribble the paste all over a chicken drummer/strip then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat until all the drummers/strips are covered.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!

KFC Here we come....I reckon you could put this in a wrap with some cheese and salad using HEX too!!!
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:55 pm

have u tried this? does it taste like kfc?
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 pm

its soooo nice! i use potato flakes, im doing it for tea tonight so il take pics if i remember
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:17 am

did u take pics?

gonna ive this a go soon! what potato flakes do u use?
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:51 am

Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

just found this version if u cant find chicken bovril,...

KFC THE SLIMMING WORLD WAY

10 x Chicken Drummers or 4 Chicken Breasts
2 x chicken oxo cubes
1 x Egg
1 x Clove of Garlic crushed (optional if you dont like garlic)
2 x Teaspoons of Ground Black Pepper (optional)
2 x Teaspoons of Mixed Spice (optional)
1 x Teaspoon of mild chilli powder (optional)
4 x Slices brown bread
2 x Teaspoons mixed herbes

Method
Place chicken drummers/chicken breasts in a deep pan fill with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Drain and leave to cool. When cool remove the skin and pat dry. Cut chicken breasts into strips.

Place the bread and mixed herbes and chicken oxo cubes crushed garlic, pepper, spice and chilli into a food processor and blend until crumbled and empty onto a large dish. Mix the egg in a separate bowl.

Now for the fun bit, but before you start switch on the oven to its highest setting and have a baking tray sprayed with fry light on stand by.

Now dip the chicken in the egg and then cover with breadcrumb mixture.

Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs have started to go brown and crisp. Remove and leave to cool. Once cool transfer to a serving plate.
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

made as instructed using potato flakes, and im really impressed! Forgot take a photo of mine on my plate tho, which i had with SW chips. So this is the pic of my huubys lunchbox as he took his work with him tonight
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:23 pm

when i done it i only did a tsp of herbs etc as was told it was a bit over powering and i couldnt get any chilli either....what did u think?
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:09 am

i thought it was lovely and i think that the chilli gave it the hot kick! you know the kfc zinger chickens how they have a spice to them, it makes em taste like that!
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 pm

hmmmm see i dont like spicy! i cant eat zingers lol i had one when i was due with Emily as my spicy food to try and get her moving lol but normally i cant eat anything like that without a huge glass of water lol
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 9:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hayley

Hayley

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 am

one thing i did find tho was my sauce just became a massive mass at the bottom of my dish i was cooking it in and there didnt seem as much as i would of liked on my meat!
Back to top Go down
Claire
SWS Admin
SWS Admin
Claire

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:25 am

mine was a bit like that doing it the way in the video! next time im gonna dip the chicken in the paste and then the crumbs before putting in the tray so they are all covered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KFC Chicken (syn free)   KFC Chicken (syn free) Empty

Back to top Go down

KFC Chicken (syn free)
Page 1 of 1